I love to write (here and on TripAdvisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/members/Charming_Karl (I’m a top contributor! I have the tote bag to show for it!)); traveling is a passion – I’ve now been to 5 continents, although I have just brushed up against Asia and Africa and look forward to exploring them more; culinary enthusiast (cook/baker/eater) and fan of food-related television (Iron Chef America, Next Food Network Star, DDD); lifelong sports fan (Yankees baseball, World Cup soccer, Grand Slam tennis, Giants football, Olympic swimming and gymnastics); childhood philatelist/stamp collector (mainly U.S. commemoratives); voracious reader (Game of Thrones, Bruce Catton, Hermann Hesse, Margaret Atwood, William Maxwell); solver of NY Times crossword puzzles; in-line skating enthusiast; occasional cigar-smoker.
- Saint-Germain-des-Prés, Café Les Deux Magots and Jardin du Luxembourg
- Antico Caffé Santamaria and Olive Dolci on Mosaic Day in Rome
- Eglise Temple Neuf and Chez Tante Liesel in Strasbourg
- Villa Farnesina, Santa Maria in Trastevere and Hotel Forum Restaurant
- Gare Centrale, Petite France and l’Artichaut in Strasbourg