While Therese and I continue to work on our new house in our new home in Charleston, South Carolina, there are the occasional respites from all that hard work. For example, Therese had to go to Strasbourg, France for business for a few days, and she invited me to come along. We extended the trip a couple of days so that we could enjoy some of it together, and over all, it was a great week. Yes, I did feel a little guilty about having so much fun without her, but I took lots of pictures (many of which I will share with you as well), and I made it up to her by taking her to great dinners on the days she had to work, and planning some fun days for the time she didn’t.
Not sure how often I will have time to write, since we are still in the midst of getting the house in shape (unpacking still, painting our bedroom, etc.). But come back here from time to time and I will insert hyperlinks to the adventures of Strasbourg that I manage to get written.
1. Sunday and Monday, July 9 and 10. Traveling to France and Training from Paris to Strasbourg – whew what a long day!
2. Tuesday, July 11. The Cathedral and Its Museum.
3. Wednesday, July 12. Musee des Beaux Arts of Strasbourg, Lots of Walking, and Schnockeloch Restaurant.
4. Thursday, July 13. The “Petite France” district of Strasbourg, Dinner at Tante Liesel Cafe.
5. Friday, July 14. A Day in Colmar – the Unterlinden Museum and Its Famous Isenheim Altarpiece, a Boat Ride, Afternoon Ice Cream and Exploring the Town.
6. Saturday, July 15. A Day in Paris – the Church of Saint-Germain des Prez, Jardin du Luxembourg, Lunch at Deux Magots, Shopping, and the Paris Opera Hilton Hotel.
7. Sunday, July 16. Morning Visit to the Marche aux Puces.
So again, check back often. Whenever I can steal an hour away from house-work, I will capture another of our fun French adventures. I miss sharing our adventures with you, so trust me, I will slip in some more posts very soon!